Pregnancy gives you the gift of being a mother, but along with that, it also gives you additional weight that is not easy to shed off. You would want to shed off that extra weight, but remember that it should be done in the right manner and naturally and healthily. Going on a crash diet of not a healthy solution, as at the same time, you will be breastfeeding your child; it can further cause many complications. So, it is better to reduce the pregnancy weight safely and naturally; here are a few effective tips to lose baby weight after pregnancy that can be of great help to you.
Tips for losing postpartum weight
- Have regular meals- Most of the ladies feel that cutting down on food would help them lose weight, but it isn’t true as not having regular meals can have an opposite reaction. Being a new mom, not eating right with the increased stress of looking after the kid can, in return, increase the weight. So, make sure you take a healthy diet throughout the day without cutting down on your food.
- Have smaller portions- Instead of having three big meals, have six small meals throughout the day. Make sure that you keep the portions small so that you do not feel heavy. Having six small meals also means that you will not starve for a long time.
- Low-calorie food- New moms need a lot of nutrition to stay healthy and to breastfeed the kid. So, to stay healthy, it is suggested to have superfoods. Try eating foods rich in calcium, fibre, and protein and omega-3 fatty acids, such as chicken, eggs, tuna, yoghurt, beans and whole-grain goods. Avoid having foods with high calories.
- Be hydrated- Staying hydrated is essential for losing weight; having 8-10 glasses of water in a day is essential to flush out the toxins. Drinking water would also prevent dehydration and would, in a way, boost the metabolic rate, which is important for weight management.
- Exercising- A new mom has many things to do and look after, but it is also essential to add some exercise to your daily routine. Ask and consult your doctor regarding the same. Try starting with some basic exercise, and then slowly and gradually increase the intensity.
So, it is not easy to shed the pregnancy weight, but it is also not impossible. Make a few intelligent choices and put in some hard work if you want to get back in shape and feel good about yourself.